Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Truly Inspirational: Mother and Son Born Without Arms Live Life to the Fullest [VIDEO]

Linda Bannon and her son Timmy suffer from Holt Oram - a rare genetic condition which caused them to be born without arms. Despite their situation, they live a happy life in a non-modified home.



Amazingly, they do everything with their feet and Timmy is a young sports star excelling in swimming and taekwondo. Linda is also studying to become a motivational speaker despite working through the day as a kindergarten teacher.

"I think a lot of people, when they first see me, they don't realize how independent I am and how capable I am of doing everything that I do," Linda told ABC News. "And I always say because I've been without arms my entire life."

It's estimated Holt-Oram syndrome affects one in 100,000 people. And while Timmy's inherited his mother's condition, he's also taken on her resilience to not let his deformity define him.

"I knew from scans he was going to be born without arms. We were understandably concerned, but I wasn't too daunted as I knew he'd be able to live a normal life like me," said in an interview with The Daily Mail.

Truly Inspirational: Mother and Son Born Without Arms Live Life to the Fullest [VIDEO] Reviewed by Msl on 11:50 am Rating: 5

3 comments:

  1. nathan paul03 August, 2014

    I think it's weird that they'd let their child be born like that, instead of just getting pregnant another time or adopting? It's just like when you know you're kid could have a serious disease, but then let them be born anyway. Why don't try to make a happy life for your kid, instead of making it hard for them to have one? He looks really happy, I admire both of them, and I know it's still her choice... But why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wunmi bode03 August, 2014

    Why the hell didn't they adopt a child, and let this child suffer. So sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, such a beautiful family, They're so inspirational. I was just thinking, do the both of them consider themselves right footed? They both were dominantly using it.

    In the mom's case it was make up and cooking and for the son, video games and writing. Amazing. Best of luck for the three of them

    ReplyDelete

All Rights Reserved by The Niger Times © 2015
Powered By Blogger, Designed by NT Studios

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

The Niger Times © 2015. Powered by Blogger.